Tuesday, August 6, 2013

CLAYMORE 2013 REPORT


I am just back from 3 weeks on holiday in Spain so this year I did not get to the show which I organise.
By all accounts the show went well in my absence.  Numbers thru the door were slightly up at approx 700.  I decided to use some space in the reception area for more trade stands and we allowed some traders associated with displays and this gave us 6 additional traders for a total of 40. 

Quality of items on the B&B I am told were  better this year and speaking to some members of the Falkirk club last night they certainly picked up some amazing bargains.
The award for best diplay went to Dave Imrie's The Eagle roman skirmish game and RAF Leuchar's superb carrier attack game won the best Public Participation award.
Seems that people enjoyed the day and the feedback from traders has been relatively positive.   Next year’s show will be on Saturday 2nd August at the same venue.
The photos below are courtesy of my old friend Jim Duncan.
 
View of the Atrium before opening of show - not as hot this year - phew!

View of the busy main hall

Dave Imrie in black with an admiring Dougie Traill

RAF Leuchars - attack on the USS Essex.  The gong is rung for every lost japanese aircraft.  
Mr Ray and Isaac Neal listening to the pilot briefing

 

3 comments:

  1. You need a better holiday plan for next year Bill. Your absence on the day was glaring. Just as well that the lads did a good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually made it up this year Bill. Shame that we couldn't cross paths but I'll be up for next years show though i expect that we'll meet at Partizan or the like prior to that?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 weeks in Spain or a wargame show - hmmmmmmmmm / I think Spain wins everytime especially if your wife is with you!

    ReplyDelete