Friday, July 15, 2016

FIREPOWER RA MUSEUM WOOLWICH ARSENAL 1

As I said in my first RAF Hendon post I also got to the Royal Artillery Firepower Museum at the old Woolwich Arsenal when I was in London. Glad I got there as it closed on 8th July and at some future point will reappear in Wiltshire. So some photos from that visit below.  More to follow...

German 7.7cm Field Gun

French 75mm

Z type single shot AA Rocket launcher

Prototype Burney 7.2 inch RCL

Amazing looking South Indian mortar

The Wolf of Mafeking

British 18pdr mark II

Here is a link to my Flickr album of all my Museum photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bill26048/albums/72157680644968023

3 comments:

  1. I never been to the Armoured Forces Museum. After your pictures I will have to. Great pictures Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A marvellous museum with an amazing collection. I just hope that the new site will do justice to these exhibits.

    ReplyDelete