Blenheim to Berlin has been nominated by Jonathan at JJ's Wargames Http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk and Bart Zynda at Asienieboje Http://asienieboje.blogspot.co.uk/ for a Liebster Award, my thanks to Jonathan and Bart for their kind remarks in recognising my blog.
Anything designed to encourage interesting blogs, and bring them to the attention of a much wider audience, has to be a good thing and thus I am passing on the baton, so to speak.
Here is the list of what's involved.
•Copy and paste the award on your blog linking to the blogger who has given it to you.
•Pass the award to your top 11 blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.
•Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that comes that knowing you have made someones day!
•There is no obligation to pass this onto someone else but it's nice if you take the time to do so.
In addition to "flagging up" those blogs that would be well worth having a look at from time to time it also provides an opportunity to answer and pass on some questions about the blogger behind the blog. The questions you have been dying to ask but have never got around to posting. So as well as answering these myself, I will be passing them on to my nominees.
So my list of nominees are….……
Sparkers Wargaming Bloghttp://sparkerswargames.blogspot.co.uk/
Daves Toy Boxhttp://davestoybox.blogspot.co.uk/
1. Why did you start blogging?I was introduced to it by a friend from the USA and I decided that I would start a blog to share my enthusiasm and ideas for the hobby.
2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?Encourage a younger generation of gamers to get involved with historical wargaming.
3. Do you read Battle Reports and what makes them inviting to read?Yes I like AAR's that give a background to the game, provide army lists and give a good report on how the game played and the good or bad luck that occurred and of course good photos.
4. Is figure painting a chore or pleasure?It is a pleasure but with early arthritis in my hand I now mainly paint 20mm or 28mm WWII vehicles and base up my 28mm figures.
5. Napoleon once was quoted as saying he preferred a general that was lucky over skilled. In gaming, are you lucky or skilled?Hopefully both but I would go with lucky at least in some games!
6. Could you limit your gaming and collecting to one period and one size? If so, what?I have to go for 28mm because at my age I prefer larger figures. The period would be a choice between Napoleonics or AWI/SYW/Imaginations.
7. How do you deal with burn out?Sit down and base/rebase some of my figures/models.
8. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?Frontrank for their fine AWI and Napoleonic collections.