Saturday, August 3, 2019

CLAYMORE 2019 - EDINBURGH 3RD AUGUST

This Saturday I was at Claymore 2019 in Edinburgh.  Our Group the Gothenburg Gamers put on my Playmobil 75mm Wild West PP Game.  I think we played 5 to 6 games overall using a simplified version of Legends of the Old West.  All in all a successful enjoyable day for the 6 of us that attended.  Every player, even parents, went away with a packet of Milky Bar chocolate drops. My one buy of the day was the Warlord Bolt Action D-Day Overlord Campaign book.

The number of visitors seemed to be less than previous years.  Here are a few photos of games at the show and below is a link to all my photos on Flickr
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFRY3RA

Our Playmobil game - quiet end of our table - towns folk and posses

Some of the team -LtoR Tim, myself, Donald, Dave  missing Colin and Mr Ray

Lawman posse, friendly Injuns and the Loco

SESWC - 1866 Battle of Gitschen by Gerry Henry


Kirriemuir - Dead Mans Hand

Very nice League of Augsburg display - I love that mortar 

Iron Brigade Sudan - impressive fortlet

Falkirk - Falklands - the SAS raid on Pebble Island


5 comments:

  1. Good wee overview. I can't speak for other traders but Colonel Bills was fairly busy though it was the usual waves of punters. It did seem fairly quiet at times but I wonder if, with two halls full of wargaming wonders if one was busier when the other was quiet? Nevertheless, I enjoyed it evening I didn't get time to check everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to finally meet you yesterday - as I said I've been following your blog for quite a while, the game looked like great fun, and lovey to see youngsters so keen to have a go! Especially liked your Bison! Great show - my first time at Claymore - very friendly and lots of good games to have a look at. I've joined the Kirriemuir club so hopefully will get to see you and your Gothenburg chums again at other shows in the future - and have a chance of aproper chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be at all the Scottish shows this year with new displays. Sorry no Playmobil in 2020.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I have to say I thought the show a bit disappointing in comparison to other years, but I did get my shopping done..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to finally meet you - I follow this blog very closely! - at Edinburgh a few weeks ago. The kids all seemed to be enjoying the game, and what a friendly show Claymore is - hopefully meet you and your colleagues again at another event in the future!

    ReplyDelete