Tuesday, January 29, 2019

MORE NAPOLEONIC REINFORCEMENTS


Here are some photos of recent additions to my Black Powder Napoleonic collection.  The main additions are 5 2 gun batteries for my Austrian army.  They comprise 2 6pdr field batteries, a 12pdr heavy battery, a 6pdr cavalry wurst battery and a 3pdr light battery.  The models are from Eagle Figures and were painted by Kevan Bowman and were based by me.
I also bought 2 painted French Light Infantry battalions on Ebay.  I have rebased them but still have to give the 1st battalion it’s eagle.  You will see that I have started to get some movement trays for my units.  More about that to follow later.
This Sunday I will be at Vapnartak in York with Falkirk District Wargames Club.  Expect a report from our first show of the year.







8 comments:

  1. A spectacular collection of guns and gunners...and beautiful French army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive additions to your collection of Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Bill and that's a lot of artillery!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always liked lots of artillery since I started wargaming in the 1960s.

      Delete
  4. Austrians now. Next will be the Prussians?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I added 4 heavy guns to my Prussians.

      Delete
  5. Excellent units, been wondering about the Eagle figures, very helpful thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A serious number of reinforcements at that too--and beautifully painted to boot.

    ReplyDelete