Sunday, October 5, 2014

Another Busy Gaming Week

It has been another busy week for varied games.  On Monday I took my pirate ships to Falkirk Wargames Club and Dave Paterson and I tried out the rules further using the English and Pirates.  I have spent sometime since then building more ships to expand each of my 6 factions to at least 13 ships each.

English ships engage Pirate flagship
On Wednesday evening I went to Dave Paterson’s shed for a game of Dead Man’s Hand.  We played out the second set of scenes from the new campaign book The Legend of Dead Man’s Hand.  Sadly my Sheriff who was at deaths door at the end of the first set of scenes did not recover from his wounds leaving my gang with 4.5 points of reputation at the start of scene 2.

Dave's Wild West layout
 
I was at the SESWC on Thursday where Colin Jack, Ray Neal, Angus Konstam and Tim Wilson and I played a 28mm Bolt Action game set in Syria in 1941.  My highlight was when my Moroccan squad assaulted and destroyed a British Crossley armoured car.  Next turn they tried to assault an Australian held building but were wiped out.  The game ended as a draw.

My highpoint - assaulting the armoured car
Signor Ferrari from Casablanca caught on film in Syria
Finally on Saturday Colin Jack and Ray Neal came to my garage to try the setup for our display at the Cùil Lodair Wargames Fair being held at Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre on 11 October.  Since there will be numbers of historic Culloden Games our Culloden is set in 1938 as a VBCW game.  More to follow after the event.
 
Scottish Republic forces await the Jacobite attack
 Thanks to everyone who follows my blog - I have just crossed the 150,000 pageview barrier.

3 comments:

  1. I like those ships, where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ships are from various sets from Pirates of the Spanish Main made by Wizkids. Here is the link to their story on wiki
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game

      I bought mine in 2009/2010 when they were sold of at bargain prices in the WORKS remainder bookstores in the UK. It took me to last month to start to build some of them.

      Delete
  2. Bill, don't forget that I have a ton of these ships available at low cost from Iains estate.

    Maybe you or some of your chums would like them.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete